Wedding lighting bears a huge importance when it comes to creating a very beautiful atmosphere for this very special event. What are some of the techniques you should know of before you decide on anything? We have gathered some tips to help you navigate the sometimes confusing lighting lingo – so read on and find out more.
- Fairy lights or festoon lights. Usually used as interchangeable terms, fairy lights and festoon lights are more or less the same type of lighting – with the exception that the first are usually used indoors, while the latter are used outdoors.
- Gobo lights. If you want to personalize your wedding with a projected monogram, you are looking for Gobo lights. Unique and modern, this type of lighting works especially with elegant, contemporary weddings.
- Pattern projections. Want to make a simple wedding venue look more elegant and intricate? Hire someone to project beautiful flowery patterns or arabesques at your wedding. Doing this will instantly change the décor!
- Up lighting. In general, up lighting refers to colored lights that are arranged in a way that emphasizes different areas of the venue (e.g. the dance floor, the corners of the walls, and so on). With modern technology at your disposal, you can choose pretty much any color you want for your up lighting.
- Pin spotting. If you want to make your wedding centerpieces really stand out, use pin spotting lighting. This will project a very thin beam of light right through the center of your table, so that it makes the centerpieces look brighter and more elegant.
Searching for a photographer who will know how to capture the magic of the Big Day regardless of what type of lighting you choose? Contact Allusion Photography and we will bring in our experience, our talent and our true creativity!